iKlax’s goal is to open up new creative fields and a new kind of artist/user relationship.
MULTITRACK AUDIO TECHNOLOGY
iKlax is a multitrack audio format…
- This signifies that it can contain separate sound elements (like drums, guitar, vocals, etc.).
- This structure allows to include various versions of a same song inside one single file.
- This audio format opens a new creative field for artists and listeners in heightened interactivity.
iKlax is also the first digital audio format that covers all levels of interactivity.
Interactivity with music can be achieved on four levels:
- Track selection: the user can switch tracks on/off.
- Volume interaction: the user can modify the volume for each track or for the whole song.
File size varies according to 2 elements:
- The amount of tracks within the song:
The amount is nearly unlimited. The limit is determined by the used playback system (PC, cell phones, portable audio players).
- The tracks type and compression used: wav, mp3, ogg vorbis, wma.
A compressed iKlax file generally sizes between 25 & 40 MB.
iKlax & Audio Standards
iKlax technology has been used as a reference for IMAF* MPEG/IEC 23000-12 standard.
*(Interactive Music Application Format)
Librairies & 1/3 Party Systems Integration
Would you wish to produce a device that would carry iKlax technology, you can download our SDK: click here or check our Services.